What better thing to do on a rainy fall day (when you planned on a quick canoe trip, but the weather won’t cooperate) than take out some more windows for restoration? Each window in the front of the house is now in a different state of repair. Hopefully in a few weeks, we’ll get them all caught up and might have a house that looks like it matches. Wouldn’t that be tremendous…?
This week, not much progress, but some. Work has been non-stop in the office! Soon, we’ll have a better schedule and actually get weekends off again. K finished the last coat of stain. We are down to just needing a day for touch-up. We are so thrilled – this was our big goal for the year, and we’re there. Phew!
Second, we had another fruitful trip to the ReStore, in which we found a brand-new, store-display door. It has all the types of glass that Jeld-Wen offers, all in one convenient door! It happens to be quirky-cute, and it’s now planned to be our closet door. At $25, the price was right, as well. I mean, it’s solid wood – how can we go wrong?
K worked on staining the very last wall now that we got our last shipment of caulk (exterior, anyways) and it has had time to cure. Only one more coat is needed on this wall, then we are into the touch-up phase! We are so thrilled to be done with this tedious(and fairly expensive!), yet very rewarding part.
While we are back at work full-time, an ongoing project will be to restore the windows, one at a time, and replace a couple that are non-functional. Plus, we are experimenting with trim and sash colors. I think this combo is a winner:
Some photos of our busy week, last week off (ish, we mostly had to go to our respective offices) for a while! Since we finished the caulking and 95% of the staining, we did some OTHER THINGS. Yes, there are other things to do in the world! Here’s the run-down: